The property was originally planted early 1940’s and was formerly known as Gidney's Corner. Plantings were of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz and Chenin.
The land passed hands several times and eventually purchased in 1998 by husband and wife team Barry Scrivener and Robyn Meloury, still now the current owners.
Most vines were in a state of neglect, as were the trellising and front paddocks. Painstaking repairs and maintenance was carried out and the property was renamed "Black Swan Wines" (now patented). The first vintage, under the new ownership, won the 2001 Swan Valley Wine Show trophy and gold medals for the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Cabernet Franc.
Since, 90% of the wines produced have won numerous medals and accolades, and are continuing to do so. Additional planting of Merlot and Chardonnay has added a broader range of varietals. We believe Black Swan Wines has achieved such high recognition because of the traditional vineyard management techniques and maturity of its vines.